Benefits of Participating in Speech and Debate
- Critical Thinking – Examining the world through an intellectually disciplined process of conceptualizing, analyzing, synthesizing, and/or applying information
- Communication – Oral & written skills and strategies for lively yet respectful discussions & disagreements.
- Confidence – Belief in themselves and their abilities, and the desire to participate in all classes.
- Curiosity – The passion of discovery through effective tools for research, organization and presentation.
- Creativity – The desire to explore, create and invent.
- Camaraderie – Meet like-minded peers at tournaments and build healthy bonds of competition.
Here are some of the famous people who participated in high school speech and debate.